For nearly 50 years, our investment philosophy has remained simple and constant: partner with management teams of leading middle market companies to help them build and improve their businesses.
We believe private equity is a simple business that is difficult to execute well over time. We believe we have been able to deliver consistent results for our portfolio companies because we have steadfastly adhered to our principles and processes through many years and many economic cycles. This is why we have successfully supported our management partners through pivotal periods of growth for their companies.
We are a business builder, committed to investing in well-positioned middle-market businesses that have the potential to improve operationally, strategically and financially. We look for:
- Companies with a strong position relative to their competitors
- Companies within a stable, growing industry
- Companies seeking a transformation – where significant operational change and in some cases, global expansion, can accelerate growth and profitability
- Family businesses or corporate carve-outs where a new direction, coupled with good corporate leadership and cultural change, can drive shareholder value creation
- Strong free cash flow businesses offering immediate potential to create equity value regardless of the market environment
- A value-added plan developed in partnership with management to help achieve a company’s full potential
- A management team that we recognize as having the capability and drive to implement the value-added plan